The best carnival games often use electronics to make things louder, brighter, and more exciting.
Remake your favorite game using Bits. Then show us how it’s played and what makes it challenging! Invite your friends and family to try out your Bit-boosted carnival game, and see who gets a high score!
Need some help getting started?
Use the Invention Cycle to get going:
CREATE: Brainstorm your carnival game.
What carnival games do you like? Do you have ideas for an totally new game? When you have your idea, build your circuit and use materials from around the house to give it structure. Here are some more questions to help you brainstorm:
- What games have you played at fairs, theme parks, or arcades?
- Did you have to be accurate, fast, strong, or all three?
- How do you win those games?
PLAY: Test out your game.
How fun is it on a scale of 1 to 10? Have a friend play your game, and see how they do. Ask them what they thought was too easy, and what was too hard.
REMIX: How can you make your game harder, easier, or funnier?
- Try adding moving obstacles to make your game more challenging.
- Use the Bluetooth Low Energy Bit to create a scoring system.
- Give your game more personality with lights and other materials!
SHARE: Join the carnival of inventors, and show us how your game is played!
Take a video of someone playing your game, and tell us what makes it fun and challenging. Submit your invention to the challenge by using the Invention Editor
and clicking on Carnival Game
. You can also use the littleBits Invent app!
Are you an educator?
Check out these learning resources:
- Pro Tips for Documentation: Get advice for documenting and filming your invention.