We’re looking for talented Bitsters to join our team. Click here to see our current openings!
WHAT WE DO
A technology company and online learning community reinventing the way kids learn so they can grow up to be tomorrow’s changemakers
At littleBits, we want to inspire every kid to be a creator and inventor. So, we invented the electronic building block. Our magnetic “Bits” snap together to turn ideas into inventions and our online learning community, DIY.org, teaches kids to turn passions into creative skills.
Using hardware, software, and content, littleBits is transforming the way kids learn so they can grow up to be tomorrow’s changemakers — no matter their age, gender, race, nationality, or ability. Almost 40 percent of the kids using littleBits kits are girls, which is four times the industry average.
A STEAM (Science Technology Engineering Art and Math) leader at home and in the classroom, littleBits has sold millions of kits in over 70 countries. Online, more than 1.5 million projects have been uploaded to the DIY community by creative kids in subjects such as astronomy, pizza making, and woodworking.
We’re working to empower kids everywhere to solve the epic challenges ahead
The littleBits team is 100 people strong. We’re committed to empowering the next generation to become inventors. We want kids to have the creative confidence and curiosity to always ask why; to test ideas without fear; to take feedback without ego; and to use their brains and hands to solve real-world problems when there isn’t a clear right answer.
With littleBits, kids learn how to be more than just consumers of technology — they become inventors. Our challenge, and our greatest honor, is to help them to achieve that moment. Our team is growing and we’re looking for superstars who believe in our mission. Join us!
WHO WE ARE
We are playful, inclusive, creative, progressive, and courageous. Our team is comprised of inventors who thrive in an open, creative, and flexible environment. And we love perks!
- AWESOME DIGS: We have a huge, open loft space in Chelsea with beautiful views of the Hudson, a library and meditation room, swings, and more. Looking for inspiration? Our office is a playground of inventions — from a music wall you can play with your body, to an invention corner and a littleBits-powered delivery tram.
- PLAYTIME + BITCAMPS: We take playtime seriously. We create play sessions with our product and regularly host BitCamp, an open learning, playing, and making session to ensure we all have a chance to be creative and stay close to our mission. Recent Bitcamp challenges have included “Using littleBits to teach language arts,” “Bitifying an Olympic sport,” and “Maker Therapy for children’s hospitals.”
- WE STAY ACTIVE: Some of us are fitness-obsessed, so we have groups like BitRunners, BitBallers, BitCyclers, and more.
- A SWEET MAKERSPACE: Our workshop is fully equipped with radiation emission testers, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, microscopes, microchips, soldering irons, a laser cutter, and 3D printers. Not to mention an endless craft supply with everything from bamboo pieces to googly eyes!
- LIFELONG LEARNING: Every month the team gathers for post-work drinks and TED-style talks (BitTalks!) about something amazing Bitsters have done outside of littleBits. Every few weeks we host Lunch n’ Learns covering topics such as “The Infinite Possibility of Play,” “The Future of Musical Multi-tasking” by Artiphon CEO Jacob Gordon, and “How to Internet Real Good: The Basics of Digital Marketing.”
- KIDS! Kids are at the heart of everything we do. They come into the office for weekly user testing sessions and “Take Your Kids to Work Day,” and we visit them often in their schools and afterschool programs. They keep us honest, and they are a constant reminder of why we do what we do.
JOIN OUR TEAM
Need more reasons? We also offer:
- Competitive health packages to keep you healthy and happy.
- A well-stocked fridge: snacks, beverages, Monday morning bagels, and ice cream shop celebrations. We have your taste buds covered!
- Flexible work hours and vacations.