INVENT A CREATURE THAT CRAWLS ACROSS THE CARPET like a hungry inchworm racing for an apple. See how quickly it can creep around as you control it wirelessly from your device.
This project was invented by community member Tan Tran AKA superyummywonton.
HOW IT WORKS:
- The p1 power Bit provides electricity to the circuit.
- The w30 Bluetooth low energy Bit is connected to the controls on your smart device via Bluetooth. The controls in the littleBits Invent App determine how much signal the Bluetooth Low Energy Bit passes on to the next Bit.
- The o11 servo turns back and forth when it gets a signal from the controls in the littleBits Invent App on your smart device.
- As the servo rotates, the string causes the Inchworm to open and close, letting it inch along the ground!
When you're done building your invention, keep the fun going by following the Invention Cycle below!
PLAY: Shake your phone like crazy and see how far your Inchworm can go! Does it move further on carpet? Tile? How about across your kitchen table?
REMIX: How can you give your inchworm even more character?
- METAMORPHOSIS - Help your Inchworm evolve into a bigger, better creature. How could you improve or change the design? Try moving the battery, using different materials like cardboard, or adding grippy feet.
- BIONIC WORM - Build a supercharged Inchworm by adding a bargraph to give it color, or a DC motor to add some extra appendages.
- INCH BY INCH - Change how you control the Inchworm. What other Bluetooth Low Energy controls can you use to move this little guy along? Try switching it up with a button or slider.
SHARE: How did your Inchworm evolve? Show off its development on the littleBits Invent App, and start a community colony of Inchworms!