Attach a 40 teeth LEGO gear to a LittleBits servo module
- Cut a paper clip in two.
- Install the two-sided arm, the default one, to the servo.
- Pass each paper clip piece through a servo arm hole and a LEGO gear slit. Bend the clip piece to fix the position of the gear along the servo arm (see image 2).
- Cut the reamining pieces of paper clip.
Set up your servo module into 'turn' mode.
Set up your cloudBit to receive a push-button signal from the cloudBit control.
Suggestion: You might also set the cloudBit to send the request on a periodical basis.
Build your litteBits circuit: power + cloudBit + servo.
Build your LEGO remote-finger mechanism
- Plug an axle to the center of the 40 teeth gear.
- Put along the axle another LEGO gear (choose the number of teeths depending on the distance you need to travel; I used an 8 teeth gear).
- Match the last gear to a gear rack. The gear rack will be your remote-finger (see image 3).